- Cass Community Social Services is in the process of building 25 different Tiny Homes (250-400sf) in Detroit, MI.
- Each home will be on its own lot (roughly 30 x 100 feet) and every one will be on a foundation. Most will have a front porch or rear deck to increase the living space.
- The residents will have a combination of experiences (formerly homeless people, senior citizens, college students and a few Cass staff members) but all will qualify as low-income.
- At first, the residents will rent the homes. Anyone who remains for seven years will be given the opportunity to own the home and property.
The Tiny Homes Detroit Community will once again host a progressive tour as we show off the 6 newest homes before residents move in.
Tours will take place August 30th and 31st and September 1st and 2nd.
Tickets are $75.00, or 2 for $100
The fee includes a progressive meal featuring Cass Catering chef Matt Prentice, one of Cass Community Publishing House‘s 4 available titles including Tiny Homes in a Big City by Rev. Faith Fowler and a donation to the Tiny Homes project.
To reserve your time, please click on the links below.
- Thursday August 30, 2018
- Friday, August 31, 2018
- Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Sunday, September 2, 2018
Interested in purchasing furnishings for one of the 6 new Tiny Homes?
Click on a link below.
- Bronzeville (GM Sponsored)
- C3 Cabin (St. Kenneth Catholic Sponsored)
- Lighthouse (Littleton Family Sponsored), Starlet (GM Sponsored), Recycle House (GM Sponsored), Victorian (Orchard UMC Sponsored)
Click Here to order Rev. Fowler’s new book Tiny Homes in a Big City.
In the News
Tiny Homes Detroit Featured on NowThis!
NowThis News, one of Facebook’s most popular News/Media fan pages recently featured Tiny Homes Detroit in one of their original videos. The video received over 5 MILLION views in its first 24 hours!
First Tiny Home Opens Up
The first Cass Community Tiny Home was open for members of the press and a large number of friends and funders on September 8, 2016. Three to five people at a time walked through the 300 sq. ft. house on Elmhurst.
The next six Tiny Homes are underway. This batch will be on Monterey Street between the Lodge Service Drive and Woodrow Wilson. We anticipate that the houses will be complete by the end of October.
To have Rev. Fowler come speak to a group about the project, please e-mail her at email@example.com or call 313.883-2277, ext. 201. To arrange for a tour of the Tiny House e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tiny Homes Detroit are being built by both professional tradespeople (under the supervision of a general contractor) and volunteer teams who will manage the finishing jobs – tiling, drywalling, painting, gardening, building decks and erecting fences.
If you are interested in hearing more about the project or making a financial contribution, contact:
- Rev. Fowler at email@example.com
- Speak to Sue Pethoud to volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to donate building materials (bricks, paint, countertops, etc.) reach out to Stacy Conwell-Leigh at email@example.com.