- Cass Community Social Services is in the process of building 25 different Tiny Homes (250-400sf) in Detroit, MI.
- Each home will be on its own lot (roughly 30 x 100 feet) and everyone will be on a foundation. Most will have a front porch or rear deck to increase the living space.
- Many of the residents were formerly homeless, incarcerated, aged out of the foster care system or equivalent, and/or are senior citizens. All of the residents qualified for the program by being low-income.
- At first, the residents rent their homes (one year at a time). Anyone who remains in the house and program for seven years will be give the opportunity to own the home.
Click here to order Rev. Fowler’s book, Tiny Homes in a Big City.
To have Rev. Fowler come speak to a group about the project, please e-mail her at email@example.com or call 313.883-2277, ext. 201. To arrange for a tour of the Tiny House e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tiny Homes Detroit are being built by both professional tradespeople (under the supervision of a general contractor) and volunteer teams who will manage the finishing jobs – tiling, drywalling, painting, gardening, building decks and erecting fences.
If you are interested in hearing more about the project or making a financial contribution, contact:
- Rev. Fowler at email@example.com
- Speak to Sue Pethoud to volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to donate building materials (bricks, paint, countertops, etc.) reach out to Rev. Fowler at email@example.com.