Special Tiny Homes Application
Available September 1 – 30
- Cass Community Social Services is in the process of building 25 different Tiny Homes (250-400sf) in Detroit, MI.
- Each home will be on its own lot (roughly 30 x 100 feet) and everyone will be on a foundation. Most will have a front porch or rear deck to increase the living space.
- The residents will have a combination of experiences (formerly homeless people, senior citizens, college students and a few Cass staff members) but all will qualify as low-income.
- At first, the residents will rent the homes. Anyone who remains for seven years will be given the opportunity to own the home and property.
Click here to order Rev. Fowler’s book, Tiny Homes in a Big City.
To have Rev. Fowler come speak to a group about the project, please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 313.883-2277, ext. 201. To arrange for a tour of the Tiny House e-mail email@example.com.
Tiny Homes Detroit are being built by both professional tradespeople (under the supervision of a general contractor) and volunteer teams who will manage the finishing jobs – tiling, drywalling, painting, gardening, building decks and erecting fences.
If you are interested in hearing more about the project or making a financial contribution, contact:
- Rev. Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to Sue Pethoud to volunteer at email@example.com.
- If you would like to donate building materials (bricks, paint, countertops, etc.) reach out to Rev. Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org.